Staff Software Engineer (C, Linux Kernel)
OSNEXUS is looking for an expert Linux Kernel Engineer to contribute to the ZFS filesystem and to influence the design of new features in our QuantaStor Software Defined Storage platform. Part of the role will involve making improvements and contributions to the ZFS-on-Linux file-system drivers and to a lesser extent the SCST SCSI target driver stack. The candidate will also assist with root cause analysis and resolution of kernel driver related issues. The ideal candidate will have 4+ years of Linux file-system kernel level C programming experience and a BS in Computer Science and five (5) or more years of experience making quality contributions in C to one or more Open Source Linux file-system and/or other storage related Linux kernel drivers.
- Contribute new features and enhancements to OpenZFS and SCST to extend the capabilities of QuantaStor.
- Assist support engineering with triage and ticket resolution for tickets involving kernel stack traces.
- Participate in the open-source community around key projects (SCST, OpenZFS, Ceph, etc) and collaborate with other contributors to develop new features and resolve bugs.
- Monitor and track key open source projects to identify and merge important driver patches and updates.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Expert C developer with significant experience developing filesystem kernel drivers (preferably with ZFS or Ceph).
- Extensive experience with Linux kernel driver development, and testing.
- Excellent communication skills, as well as strong analytical and diagnostic skills.
- Working knowledge of Linux distro and Third party code management.
- Solid understanding of general storage protocols like iSCSI, FC, NFS, CIFS.
- Knowledge of storage integration via VMware VAAI, MSFT VSS, OpenStack Cinder, is a plus.
- Proficiency and significant experience in C and shell scripting, C++ and python is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of data structures and algorithms.
- Ability to work with minimal direction in an open & fast-pace environment and take on a variety of roles as needed.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience including some lead technical roles.
- Minimum academic qualifications - Bachelor of Engineering degree in Computer Science, or equivalent.
To apply for this position please submit your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com.