Bellevue, WA, or other suitable location
About the Position
OSNEXUS is looking for a technically adept, commercially driven pre sales systems engineer to assist in driving technical engagement with our growing partners and end-user community. Our software defined storage platform delivers exceptional versatility and performance across a broad range of customer requirements. The prime candidate for this role will combine exceptional problem-solving and customer communication skills with the drive to make a lasting impact with our customers and partners, and grow the SE organization at our company.
OSNEXUS offers competitve compensation plans, fair quotas, and the opportunity to work with other smart, hardworking people who are excited about building the next great software company in our space. If you are a team-player, thought-leader, have experience building territories, are a challenger, and can architect and sell innovative next-gen solutions, then we want to hear from you.
About OSNEXUS Corporation
OSNEXUS makes the QuantaStor™ industry-leading Software Defined Storage (SDS) platform. QuantaStor scales from 1 to 64 appliances per grid and delivers scale-out file, block, and object storage at scale for IT generalists. Deployed by many companies in the Global 1000, QuantaStor addresses a broad set of storage use cases including server virtualization, object for cloud, backup/archive and high performance computing. OSNEXUS focuses on continuous innovation with a strong commitment to customer service, product quality and customer success with every deployment. QuantaStor is sold worldwide through channel partners who provide turn-key QuantaStor appliance solutions.
- Assess prospective customer needs and uncover requirements for QuantaStor solutions
- Remove technology-related buying objections from the sales opportunity
- Demonstrate products and communication advantages and differentiation to technical and non-technical audiences, at executive and/or technical levels, and at pre- and post-sales meetings
- Independently coordinate all aspects of technical product evaluations, from installing the appliance to helping prospective customers interpret data in the context of their environment
- Articulate the technical value proposition and key differentiating capabilities to prospective new customers and solutions partners
- Lead architecture design discussions and recommend an appropriate combination of technologies for production deployment
- Prepare and present technical proposals and RFIs
- Collaborate with sales representatives to ensure all aspects of the sale are aligned
- Identify market and product requirements based on field experience and customer input
- Partner with our Sales and Product Development teams to develop enterprise solutions
- Provide post-sales follow-up, technical training, and consulting
- Be a Thought Leader and a Team Player
- Ensure total customer satisfaction with the customer's implementation experience
- Travel: Must be prepared to travel up to 70% to support customers throughout North America
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, or related area or demonstration of equivalent knowledge
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in supporting networking, application, and/or network-security technologies
- Experience in device-configuration management solutions and processes
- Broad understanding of enterprise information technologies: must be able to interpret performance metrics quickly within diverse customer environments and relate them to troubleshooting and capacity planning
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and leadership skills
- Outstanding communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills with the ability to address both executive and technical audiences
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and have an ongoing desire to stay current with the latest technologies
- Ability to focus on results while working independently when given a broad direction and desired results
- Ability to adapt to changing goals based on customer demands and market conditions while working with development and sales teams
- Strong problem solving skills: must be capable of accurately assessing needs, maintaining a calm business demeanor, and taking quick action to resolve issues
- Understanding of enterprise security requirements
- Understanding of IT Operations
- Experience with telecom customers/technologies a plus
- Solid understanding of enterprise-storage technologies and the eco-system and tools top deploy and operate.
- Solid understanding of enterprise-architecture including iSCSI, NFS, SMB, SWIFT and S3 deployments and use cases. Hands-on deep Linux knowledge is a requirement.
- Knowledge of the storage networking fabric, interconnects-WAN/LAN and TCP knowledge
- Application knowledge of virtualization, OpenStack, Cloud, Backup/Archive are a plus
- Hands-on experience with Linux, Active Directory, LDAP
- Solid understanding of major operating systems including Linux, Windows, and UNIX.
- Familiarity with the network and application monitoring space a plus
- Strong technical writing capabilities a must
OSNEXUS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.